Clothes Bank Assistant
Clothes Bank Volunteer Task Description Role: Clothes Bank Assistant
Responsible to: Foodbank Project Manager and Management
Time Commitment: 2 - 6 hours per week
- Ensure all procedures are followed.
- Receive Clothing donations from members of the public and thank them
- Ensure that incoming stock is checked and sorted.
- Sort clothing into types, removing any items that are damaged and weighing these out separately
- Ensure that Clothing is checked weekly and rotated as required
- Notify the project manager when Clothes stock is low so that appeals can be made for these items
- Keep clothing area and shop floor clean and tidy at all times, checking for evidence of pests and notifying the project manager if there are any concerns
- Prepare clothing for the shop floor.
- Carry out tasks under the guidance of the session leader and report any health and safety or safeguarding concerns to the project manager/session leader
- Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the project manager